In Hoi An city
1. Entrance ticket in Hoi An ancient town. To discover the ancient beauty of Hoi An, please each tourist buy a entrance ticket at the address of tourist information center or kiosks as following:
Kiosk 1: 08 Hoang Dieu Hue st ;
Kiosk 2: The corner of Phan Chau Trinh st., and Nguyen Hue st.,;
Kiosk 3: 78 Le Loi st.,;
Kiosk 4: 155B Tran Phu st.,
Kiosk 5: 677 Hai Ba Trung st.,;
Kiosk 6: The corner of An Hoi bridge & Nguyen Phuc Chu st.,
Kiosk 7: Turning point near Japanese Bridge;
Kiosk 8: Nguyen Thi Minh Khai st.,
Kiosk 9: Turning point of Cao Hong Lanh st.,
With your entrance ticket, you can visit:
*All streets in the ancient town, artistic activities, folk games, night market.
* 5 of the 22 sightseeing sites:
* Japanese Covered Bridge, Cam Pho Communal House, Minh Hương Communal, House of Tụy Tien Duong, Quan Cong Temple.
* Museums: History and Culture, Trade Ceramics, Sa Huỳnh Culture, Folk Culture.
* Ancient houses: Quân Thắng, Đức An, Phùng Hưng, Trần Family's Chapel, Tấn Ký, Nguyễn Tường Family's Chapel.
* Assembly Halls: Triều Châu, Quảng Đông, Phúc Kiến.
* Handicraft workshop and traditional arts performance (at 10h15 and 15h15 daily), an embroidery exhibition of XQ Hội An.
* Ancient tombs of Japanese traders: Mr Gu Sokukun, Mr Tani Yajirobei, Mr Banjiro.
- Every ticket is valid on 24 hours;
- Free guide fee for a group of over eight tourists, an experienced tour guide is available at any ticket kiosks;
- Ticket is valuable for your trip in Hoi An.
2. Please to dress and treat each other decently. Sleeveless blouse, over knee skirt or dress are not welcome at sites.
3. If possible, come to Hoi An on every 14th lunar month, you will have a chance to enjoy Hoi An full-moon night with many activities such as traditional performance, play traditional games; especially look directly colorful lanterns over streets and row a boat on Hoai river and float the lanterns down to the river.
4. You should know time for walking and cycling town:
7 days per week.
Afternoon: 15h30 - 21h30
5. Local products in Hoi An
Tailoring: In Hoi An, tailor shops will supply travelers with all kinds of fabric choices. You can order a cloth and receive it a few hours later. Even if you really want to make clothes but you get not enough time, you can also leave your measurements and address at another tailor shop, then the shop will make and ship the product to you. Price is suitable for tourist.
Some tailor shops: Tram Anh shop: 115 Nguyen Thai Hoc st., Thong Phi shop: 28 Le Lois st., Thuy Thuy shop: 60 le Loi st., Vietsilk: 36 le Lois st., Thanh Phuc: 68 Phan Boi Chau st., Phuong Huy: 25 Tran Phu st., A Dong silk: 60 Tran Hung Dao st., XQ Viet Nam: 23 Nguyen Thai Hoc st., Yaly Silk: 47 Nguyen Thai Hoc st.,
Lanterns: Lantern is considered as a meaningful symbol in Hoi An. Tourist can get home lanterns as gifts to friends and family. Tourist can get lanterns in shops: Ngoc Thu lantern: 109 Tran Phu st., Tran Phu lantern: 65 Tran Phu st.,
Arts and crafts: handicraft items are sold in Hoi An including handmade embroidery, painting, bamboo and wooden products, ceramics etc.
Embroidery factory: 04 &09 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai st., Le Phuoc Tien wood sculpture shop: 53 Le Lois st., Le Ngoc Diep wood sculpture shop: 91 Nguyen Thai Hoc st., Thang Loi fine art handicraft manufacture - export company: 92 Phan Chu Trinh st., Au Lac woodart: 152 Tran Phu st., Pho Reu Art Stamps: 104 Tran Phu st.,
In My Son Sanctuary
Before visiting My Son Santuary, tourist should buy a entrance ticket.
Children under 12 years old are free
Tour guide: 100,000 VND/group
There are traditional performances of Champa people in My Son sanctuary so you don’t miss your chance:
Morning : 09:30, 10:00 and 10:30
Afternoon: 14:30 and 15:00
In Cham Islands - Hoi An Global Biosphere Reserve
You can contact with travels or travel agents to book a open daily tour to Cham islands by canos and boat; Another choice for you come from local ferry, you can get a ticket at Bach Dang or Nguyen Hoang port to Cham Island;
Accomodation: you can stay overnight by tents at Bai Chong and Bai Huong beach, bungalow at Bai Chong or homestay in Bai Lang village;
“Green tea” seems a specific product of Lao Island. It includes leaves and vegetables in the mountain of islands. You will try some at the market by saler or hosts. You can buy some for your gifts;
Cham Islands is well-know as a campaign of no-plastic bags and environmental sanitation to be a clean and green place. All tourists do not bring plastic bags to the island and are encouraged to use paper bags.